Saturday, April 30, 2016

Sabisua's 1st Generation Disciple

Just wanted to give an update on Sabisua (he's the shorter one in the picture)… 
I (Jacob) have been discipling him about 3 months now, mostly teaching him what it means to be a solid disciple of Jesus. When I first started working with him I had a sense he might be unfaithful in the long run and lose interest quickly. This was partly because of the many other Nepali adults like him I’ve tried to work with. But I’ve been really surprised to see his level of faithfulness so far.

Pretty much every time I’ve gone to his apartment he makes time to meet with me, no matter what he’s doing, which is something I haven’t seen in any of the other adults we’ve discipled. And each time we meet he’s slightly more excited to go deeper with Christ and begin making disciples.

He was praying about who he could possibly share his faith with, and God laid one of his friends on his heart, Karkha. So he and I went to meet with Karkha last Sunday and shared the gospel with him. He had considered himself a Christian, but he didn’t know what it means to follow Jesus or how he himself could be saved. So he ended up praying to receive the Holy Spirit and to begin following Christ. We’ve met with Karkha a couple times since then, and he’s still just learning the basics of how to be a disciple.


Anyway, please be praying for these guys, as they could be an important key to reaching the huge Nepali Hindu people group in Los Arcos. Please pray (1) that Sabisua would understand God’s vision in a deeper way and begin ministering to more people than just Karkha, (2) that Sabisua and I would have great wisdom in how to disciple Karkha effectively, and (3) that Karkha would develop a personal relationship with Jesus in the coming weeks, so that everything he does would be out of desire rather than obligation. Thanks!

No comments:

Post a Comment